NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With a month to go until NFL training camps commence, the league is rather silent. Despite the noiselessness, there is much anticipation about the July 15 deadline for franchise tag players, as well as the opening of the new $200 million Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Minnesota Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph told the Pioneer Press that he believes he is the best tight end in the NFL.
• San Francisco 49ers running back Carlos Hyde told SiriusXM NFL Radio that the team is adjusting well to new head coach Chip Kelly’s offense.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers have waived kicker Shaun Suisham after he failed a physical, reports ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.
• New York Jets defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson has resumed running for the first time since recovering from a broken leg, reports Pro Football Talk’s Josh Alper.
• In order to lure the Raiders from Oakland, Las Vegas taxpayers will allegedly have to pay a total of $750 million for a new stadium, reports Bloomberg.com’s James Nash.
• Atlanta Falcons CEO Rich McKay confirmed the team has requested $200 million in changes for the team’s new stadium, reports ESPN’s Vaughn McClure. The new Mercedes-Benz Stadium is set to open on June 1, 2017.
• The NFL announced that the league together with the Miami Dolphins, Jacksonville Jaguars and Tampa Bay Buccaneers are donating $400,000 to the OneOrlando Fund.