NFL rumors: Latest off-season news on free agency, trades, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
NFL training camps are just a few weeks away, and though the NFL is in the midst of a quiet period, the July 15 franchise tag deadline is rapidly approaching.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• With former backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson unlikely to return following a domestic violence charge, the Seattle Seahawks could be in the market for another veteran quarterback. If the team goes in that direction, ESPN’s Phil Savage says Michael Vick could be a target.
• The Houston Texans spent a third-round pick on Braxton Miller and they plan to give him a “multi-dimensional role,” reports Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. He could line up at several positions on offense, including the Wildcat role.
• Tennessee Titans rookie offensive tackle Jack Conklin is making the switch from left tackle to right tackle in the pros. Head coach Mike Mularkey said things have “gone pretty smoothly.”
• Miami Dolphins first-round pick Laremy Tunsil is switching to guard this season, but his transition is not going well. The Miami Herald reports Tunsil was demoted to second string during off-season workouts, with Dallas Thomas getting the snaps with the starters.
• The New York Giants have yet to add a veteran offensive tackle, but Paul Schwartz of the New York Post reports “there is a desire” to add one. If the Giants do, they would prefer to place someone at right tackle and keep Ereck Flowers at left tackle.
• Dallas Cowboys cornerback Morris Claiborne has yet to live up to the expectations that came with being the No. 6 in the 2012. He told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he has lofty goals this season and that the Vikings were one of the teams to show interest in him this off-season.
• Le’Veon Bell has revealed his contract demands in an interesting way. In a rap single he released via Twitter, Bell has demanded $15 million a year.