By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
With all 32 NFL teams in the midst of training camp, anticipation is increasing for the upcoming NFL regular season. NFL preseason begins on Sunday with the Hall of Fame Game between the Indianapolis Colts and Green Bay Packers. Aside from that excitement, there are talks around the league concerning contract talks and injuries.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Buffalo Bills have signed running back Reggie Bush to a one-year deal, reports NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is expected to miss practice time this week with a leg injury, reports ESPN’s Jordan Raanan.
• The St. Louis Rams are worried about running back Tre Mason, who has not reported to training camp or been in contact with the team, reports Will Brinson of CBS Sports.
• San Diego Chargers wide receiver Stevie Johnson suffered a torn meniscus, reports NFL Network’s Michael Silver. Whether Johnson will be out for the rest of the season remains unclear.
• In the pursuit to fill Johnson’s void, free-agent wide receiver James Jones will visit the Chargers on Tuesday, reports Rapoport.
• The Chargers have still not engaged in contract talks with first-round pick Joey Bosa, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk. Bosa, the No. 3 pick in the 2016 draft, is the only remaining unsigned first-round pick.
• Former NFL wide receiver Chad Johnson is returning to the Cleveland Browns after skipping practice on Sunday, reports Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com. Johnson is serving as a guest wide receivers coach for the Browns.