By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
Week 3 of the NFL pre-season starts on Thursday, with the Dallas Cowboys taking on the Seattle Seahawks. In televised action, NBC has the Atlanta Falcons visiting the Miami Dolphins. This week marks the start of the dress rehearsal games, meaning the starters will get a significant portion of the playing time.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• NFL teams don't need to reduce their rosters to 75 players until next week, but the New England Patriots are already making cuts. The NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports one of those cuts is starting center Bryan Stork, who was reportedly traded to the Redskins.
• The Patriots are also parting ways with wide receiver Nate Washington, reports CSN New England's Tom Curran. Washington was a free agent addition this off-season.
• Earlier this week, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported the Cleveland Browns had received multiple trade offers for wide receiver Josh Gordon. However, ESPN's Tony Grossi suggests the Browns might have floated the rumor to drum up interest in Gordon.
• Anthony Davis has a new position for the San Francisco 49ers. CSN Bay Area reports the former right tackle's move to right guard is official, as Davis will take over for Andrew Tiller.
• Recently released Buffalo Bills running back Karlos Williams visited the New York Jets yesterday, reports Sal Capaccio of WGR. Williams will be suspended the first four games of the season.
• Washington Redskins head coach Jay Gruden told the team's website he has "total expectation" that first round pick Josh Doctson will play Week 1. The wide receiver is recovering from an Achilles injury.