By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The last week of the preseason will kick off with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers hosting the Washington Redskins on Wednesday night. However, the biggest story of the day comes out of Minnesota, where the Vikings have ruled quarterback Teddy Bridgewater out for the season after he sustained a dislocated knee and torn ACL in practice on Tuesday.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Quarterback Brad Sorensen, who was cut by the Vikings earlier this week, will re-sign with the team after Bridgewater's injury, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
• The Pittsburgh Steelers have restructured wide receiver Antonio Brown's contract, moving $4 million from his 2017 salary to this year, reports Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.
• Denver Broncos head coach Gary Kubiak said the team is putting rookie quarterback Paxton Lynch on the "fast track" to be the starting quarterback, reports Nick Groke of the Denver Post. The Broncos named Trevor Siemian the starting quarterback on Monday.
• The Dallas Cowboys announced they will work out quarterback Austin Davis on Wednesday. Davis was released by the Cleveland Browns on Monday.
• Linebacker Paul Kruger has signed with the New Orleans Saints after being released by the Browns on Monday, reports ESPN's Mike Triplett.
• Free-agent offensive tackle Will Beatty has re-signed with the New York Giants, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL Network.
• The Carolina Panthers have signed free-agent safety Stevie Brown, reports Rapoport
• The New England Patriots have signed five-time Pro Bowl special teamer Matthew Slater to a one-year extension, reports Rapoport.