NFL rumors: Week 7 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 7 kicks off Thursday with the Green Bay Packers playing host to the Chicago Bears on Thursday Night Football. Green Bay will be shorthanded in this game, as it will be playing without running back Eddie Lacy (ankle) and six other players.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• New York Giants kicker Josh Brown admitted to abusing his wife in letters, emails and a journal that were obtained by police, reports ESPN's Jordan Raanan.
• Green Bay Packers running back Eddie Lacy's ankle injury will require surgery and he will be placed on the team's injured reserve, reports to NFL Media's Ian Rapoport.
• Lacy is back to weighing between 255 and 265 pounds after trimming down to 231 in the off-season, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter.
• Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy suffered a "mild to moderate" hamstring strain in practice on Wednesday, and he could miss Sunday's game against the Miami Dolphins, reports Sal Capaccio of WGR 550.
• Bills rookie defensive end Shaq Lawson may make his NFL debut this weekend after returning to practice following off-season shoulder surgery, reports Vic Carucci of The Buffalo News.
• Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco missed his second straight practice on Wednesday with a shoulder injury, but he says it's "nothing to worry about," reports Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun.
• Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis said he plans to file for relocation to move the team to Las Vegas in January, reports ESPN's Jim Trotter.
• Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Ladarius Green said there's still "no timetable" for his return from off-season ankle surgery, reports Chris Adamski of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.