NFL rumors: Week 7 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The 1972 Miami Dolphins can pop that champagne, because there are no undefeated teams left in the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings lost to the Philadelphia Eagles Sunday, meaning every NFL team has at least one loss this year. On the other side of the spectrum, the Cleveland Browns remain winless.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• With the NFL trade deadline approaching, Browns offensive tackle Joe Thomas is once again on the block. Pro Football Talk reports Thomas could be had in exchange for a second round pick.
• Also available for trade is San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Joe Staley. However, Pro Football Talk reports the 49ers are hoping to get a first round pick from a contender in a deal.
• The 49ers might be 1–6, but outside linebacker Aaron Lynch thinks they've got a great team. Lynch told CSN Bay Area that the 49ers are "possibly one of the best teams in the NFL, easily."
• Geno Smith left the New York Jets game with a torn ACL, head coach Todd Bowles confirmed on Monday.
• Ryan Fitzpatrick returned to the starting lineup when Smith went down and led the Jets to a win. But Fitzpatrick wasn't happy about the original benching, telling the New York Daily News that the Jets' owner, GM and coaches stopped believing in him.
• Chicago Bears quarterback Brian Hoyer underwent surgery to fix his broken forearm Sunday. ESPN's Adam Caplan reports he'll miss six to eight weeks.
• New York Giants kicker Josh Brown isn't expected to appeal the decision to place him on the commissioner's exempt list, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. Brown was placed on the list after new information came to light about his domestic violence.