NFL rumors: Week 8 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Week 8 of the NFL season kicked off on Thursday night with the Tennessee Titans moving to 4-4 on the season with a 36-22 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. Despite speculation, Jaguars owner Shad Khan said head coach Gus Bradley would not be fired after the loss.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Denver Broncos running back C.J. Anderson had surgery to repair a partially torn meniscus and could be placed on injured reserve, reports Mike Klis of 9news.
• Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson will play through the pectoral injury he suffered against the Arizona Cardinals last weekend, reports ESPN's Sheil Kapadia. Wilson is also playing through a knee injury he suffered in Week 3.
• Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith has applied for reinstatement to the league, reports Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle. Smith's one-year suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy ends on Nov. 17.
• The NFL recently interviewed Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott about allegations of domestic violence made by his ex-girlfriend, reports Tom Pelissero of USA Today.
• The Washington Redskins announced that running back Matt Jones will miss Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals with a knee injury.
• Miami Dolphins wide receiver Jarvis Landry was fined over $24K for his hit on Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams, reports the Associated Press.