NFL rumors: Week 11 news on injuries, suspensions, more
By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Carolina Panthers will play host to the New Orleans Saints on Thursday Night Football, kicking off Week 11's games. It's a game in which both teams are desperately searching for a win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Carolina comes into the game with a 3-6 record, while New Orleans is 4-5.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid told reporters they expect linebacker Justin Houston to make his season debut this weekend. Houston has been out since undergoing knee surgery in the offseason.
• Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said quarterback Tony Romo isn't going to retire anytime soon after losing his starting job to Dak Prescott, reports Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
• The Green Bay Packers claimed running back Christine Michael off waivers, reports Mike Garafolo of NFL.com. Michael was released by the Seattle Seahawks earlier this week.
• Los Angeles Rams quarterback Case Keenum said he was "surprised" and not happy about head coach Jeff Fisher's decision to bench him in favor of rookie Jared Goff, reports ESPN's Alden Gonzalez.
• Cleveland Browns VP of football operations Sashi Brown told Jenny Vrentas of the MMQB.com that they "are not focused on wins and losses this year."
• The Rams will break ground on the site of their new stadium on Thursday.
• Former Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has reached a tentative deal with prosecutors for the dismissal of his domestic assault case, reports ESPN.