NFL rumors: Week 14 news on injuries, suspensions, more
The Dallas Cowboys had a chance to clinch a first-round bye in the playoffs Sunday, but weren't able to do that. Behind a great defensive effort, the New York Giants swept the season series against the Cowboys with a 10–7 win Sunday night. The Cowboys offense struggled, as the Giants kept their hopes of an NFC East title alive.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• The Miami Dolphins feared quarterback Ryan Tannehill had torn his ACL, according to NFL Network. But after Tannehill underwent an MRI, coach Adam Gase said the injury is just an MCL and ACL sprain, so he will not require surgery.
• Matt Stafford sustained a dislocation and tore multiple ligaments in his middle finger, reports ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Detroit Lions quarterback will need to play the rest of the season with a glove.
• Los Angeles Rams running back Todd Gurley was not happy following the Rams' blowout loss to the Atlanta Falcons. Gurley said the team was running what looked like a "middle school offense" and also questioned the effort of his teammates.
• Aaron Rodgers told Fox Sports' Erin Andrews that he injured his calf on the third play of the Green Bay Packers win over the Seattle Seahawks. However, Rodgers said he'll play next week.
• Luke Kuechly missed his third straight game with a concussion, but Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera told the Charlotte Observer the team isn't ready to shut the linebacker down.
• Melvin Gordon left the San Diego Chargers game on a cart with a hip injury and didn't return. Schefter reports Gordon will have an MRI on his hip Monday.
• The New York Jets won't have Marcus Gilchrist the rest of the year. Head coach Todd Bowles told NJ.com that Gilchrist suffered a torn patellar tendon and will need surgery.
• Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles left Sunday's loss to the Washington Redskins after taking a blow to the head from Deshazor Everett before Sproles could field a punt. Multiple Eagles players told ESPN Everett's hit was a cheap shot.
• The Redskins fear rookie safety/linebacker Su'a Cravens suffered a partially torn biceps, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Cravens will have an MRI to see what the next steps are.