Released by the Patriots
in August, Jabar Gaffney signed with the Dolphins
earlier this month.
The injury list for Week 8 of the NFL season features some big names, and we're tracking the key actives/inactives for Sunday's action.
Here are some of the players we'll be keeping an eye on: Jimmy Graham, Jordy Nelson, Calvin Johnson, Blaine Gabbert, Jabar Gaffney, Ahmad Bradshaw, London Fletcher and Danny Amendola.
• Ahmad Bradshaw, RB, Giants (foot): The Giants will have the services of their No. 1 running back for Sunday's key game against the Cowboys. Bradshaw has been dealing with a foot injury for several weeks now.
• Donald Brown, RB, Colts (knee): Brown will split time with Vick Ballard in Indianapolis' backfield Sunday. Brown has not played Oct. 7.
• London Fletcher, LB, Redskins (hamstring): Fletcher's consecutive games streak will extend to 232 on Sunday, as he'll give it a go for the Redskins in Pittsburgh. Fletcher tested his troublesome hamstring in warmups and showed enough to get on the field.
• Blaine Gabbert, QB, Jaguars (shoulder): The Jaguars listed Gabbert as probable heading into Sunday, so it's no surprise that he will start against the Packers.
• Jabar Gaffney, WR, Dolphins: Gaffney will make his Dolphins debut on Sunday. He signed with the Dolphins at the start of October but has been inactive in recent weeks as he learned Miami's system.
• Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions (knee): Johnson sat out practice earlier this week and was listed as questionable for Sunday. He may be less than 100 percent, but the Lions badly need him in the lineup against Seattle.
• Trent Richardson, RB, Browns (ribs): Richardson appeared to play at much less than full strength last week. He bounced back in practice, however, and should see plenty of work Sunday.
• Danny Amendola, WR, Rams (shoulder): St. Louis hoped to have its go-to receiver back in the lineup, just a couple of weeks after he suffered a serious shoulder injury. He'll need at least one more week to rest up, though.
• Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots (ankle): Hernandez did not make the trip to London with his New England, so he'll watch from home. Expect Rob Gronkowski to see an uptick in targets, and the Patriots may use Julian Edelman more than in recent weeks.
• Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers (hamstring): Nelson wound up on the injury report earlier this week and was a game-time decision. After testing his sore hamstring during pregame warmups, he'll sit.
• Isaac Redman, RB, Steelers (ankle): The Steelers again will be without their top two running backs -- Rashard Mendenhall will miss Sunday's game with Washington due to an Achilles injury. Redman was scratched Sunday morning after being listed as questionable this week.
• Laurent Robinson, WR, Jaguars (head):
Robinson continues to work his way back from multiple concussions, but he will not be in the lineup Sunday against Green Bay.