Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson hobbling: Tracking NFL Week 9 actives/inactives
Another week, another set of big names on the injury watch. The players we'll be keeping an eye on for Week 9 include Calvin Johnson, Jordy Nelson, Donald Brown, Dez Bryant and Ryan Tannehill, among others.
Here are the key actives and inactives for Sunday:
• Donald Brown, RB, Colts (knee): Brown's status changed late in the week from "probable" to "questionable" because of lingering swelling in his knee. He'll play Sunday, though, which is a pleasant surprise for Indianapolis. Still, expect Vick Ballard to lead the way in the backfield.
• Brian Hartline, WR, Dolphins (groin): The Dolphins listed Hartline as questionable heading into Sunday's critical game with the Colts. Hartline will play, but multiple reports indicate that his role in the Dolphins' offense could be limited.
• Calvin Johnson, WR, Lions (knee): Johnson missed several practices during the week, making him a game-time decision for Detroit in Jacksonville. He went through pregame warmups, securing his spot in the lineup. Whether or not he's anywhere close to 100 percent is another question.
• Jordy Nelson, WR, Packers (hamstring): Nelson sat out last week, and Packers coach Mike McCarthy deemed him a game-time decision for Sunday's matchup with Arizona. With Nelson back in the lineup, he'll reassume the No. 1 receiver role for the injury-depleted Packers.
• Haloti Ngata, DT, Ravens (knee): Ngata has been hobbling for a couple of weeks and exited Baltimore's Week 7 game early. Even a Baltimore bye week didn't totally solve Ngata's injury woes, but he's in good enough shape to play Sunday.
• Ryan Tannehill, QB, Dolphins (knee): Hartline's QB will try to tough it out after leaving Miami's Week 8 win with an injury. Matt Moore is waiting in the wings -- he stepped in for Tannehill against the Jets -- so Miami might not push it here.
• Louis Delmas, S, Lions (knee): Delmas simply has not been able to stay in the lineup this season, and he'll have to sit out another game Sunday. The Lions' safety had offseason knee surgery and has really struggled to keep himself healthy since then.
• Ahtyba Rubin, DT, Browns (calf): Cleveland has a bye next week, so it'll hold out its big defensive tackle again in hopes of having him at 100 percent for Week 11. Helping ease the pain: Phil Taylor will return to the lineup after being activated from the PUP list.
• Darren Sproles, RB, Saints (hand): Sproles could be out multiple games after breaking his hand. Game 1 of that that absence comes Monday night, when the Saints host the Eagles in a critical matchup. • Ben Tate, RB, Texans (hamstring): It has been a frustrating season for Tate, who has dealt with multiple injuries. Justin Forsett will take his spot behind starter Arian Foster on Sunday.