BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Friday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- ALLEN PARK, Mich. - The Bills practice at the Lions' facility Friday evening for Monday night's game against the Jets. The game was moved to Detroit because of the snowstorm that battered Buffalo.
- MACAU - Manny Pacquiao is taking a risk when he fights Chris Algieri for the welterweight title. He must not only win but look good if there is to be any hope of a megafight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- The Oakland Raiders get to enjoy a win for the first time in more than a year after ending a 16-game skid with a victory over Kansas City that dropped the Chiefs out of first place.
- TRENTON, N.J. - A judge is expected to rule Friday on whether New Jersey horse tracks and casinos can accept bets on sports in defiance of major sports leagues and the federal government.
- LILLE, France - Stan Wawrinka gives Switzerland a 1-0 lead against France in the Davis Cup final by beating Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. Roger Federer goes for the Swiss in the second singles against Gael Monfils.
- NEW YORK - Lehigh and Lafayette play at Yankee Stadium on Saturday. It's the 150th time these small Division I schools meet - no other schools in college football have faced each other more often.
- Setups on two college football games between ranked opponents: No. 11 UCLA vs. No. 24 Southern California; No. 15 Arizona at No. 20 Utah.
- NAPLES, Fla. - Stacy Lewis is three shots off the lead going into the second round of the CME Group Tour Championship, trying to move closer to a $1 million bonus.
- MEMPHIS, Tenn. - The Grizzlies, off to the best start in the NBA, play the Boston Celtics. Memphis may be short-handed again because seven players are ill with a stomach virus. Game starts 8 p.m.