BC-AP Sports Preview Digest
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Thursday. A full Sports Digest will be sent at about 3 p.m. All times EST:
- SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman and the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks face Colin Kaepernick and the San Francisco 49ers, with the rivals both 7-4 as they try to stay in the hunt for a playoff spot. The rematch of the NFC championship game is the first of two between them in three weeks. Game starts 8:30 p.m.
- ARLINGTON, Texas - Tony Romo and the Cowboys play host to Mark Sanchez and the Eagles in a Thanksgiving battle of NFC East co-leaders at 8-3. The winner will have the inside track to the playoffs with four games remaining, including a rematch in less than three weeks. Game starts 4:30 p.m.
- DETROIT - The Detroit Lions begin a crucial three-game homestand against the rival Bears in an NFC North showdown. Game starts 12:30 p.m.
- AUSTIN, Texas - Still trying to push their way into the College Football Playoff, No. 5 TCU (9-1, 6-1) faces surging Texas (6-5, 5-3). The Horned Frogs need to win if they want to stay in title contention. Game starts 7:35 p.m.
- FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady have at least one thing in common: ''They both wear No. 12,'' Patriots coach Bill Belichick deadpanned. A more thorough comparison will be made Sunday when New England visits the Green Bay Packers in a matchup of two of the NFL's best teams.
- PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas - Georgetown players didn't get back to their hotel rooms until the wee hours of Thursday morning after needing overtime to beat Florida. No. 2 Wisconsin now awaits the Hoyas in the Battle 4 Atlantis semifinals. Game starts 3:30 p.m.
- PASADENA, Calif. - Just one hurdle remains between No. 9 UCLA and the Pac-12 South title. Trouble is, Stanford has been insurmountable for the Bruins in the past half-decade, winning six straight meetings heading into the Cardinal's latest trip to the Rose Bowl on Friday.