By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
Trade rumors are swirling around the NHL with just 11 days until the trade deadline, but there is also a plethora of other tidbits to sort through as teams start to make their final push towards the playoffs.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• NHL commissioner Gary Bettman announced he has upheld Calgary Flames defenseman Dennis Wideman's 20–game suspension for his hit on linesman Don Henderson. However, Wideman is appealing the suspension to a neutral arbitrator, making him the first NHL player to do so.
• Flames goalie Karri Ramo is out for the season with a torn ACL he suffered in the team’s Feb. 11 win over the San Jose Sharks, reports ESPN.
• Montreal Canadiens head coach Michel Therrien blamed defenseman P.K. Subban for their 3-2 loss to the Colorado Avalanche, saying his mistake caused the team to give up the eventual game-winning goal, reports CBS Sports’ Adam Gretz.
• Tampa Bay Lightning forward Steven Stamkos is happy to “just focus on hockey” after the team announced he would not be traded before the deadline, reports Sportsnet’s Luke Fox.
• The Flames are expected to start working on a contract extension with forward Jonny Gaudreau “soon,” reports the Calgary Sun's Eric Francis.
• The Edmonton Oilers announced they have placed defenseman Eric Gryba on injured reserve with a knee injury that is expected to keep him out for a month.
• The New Jersey Devils still haven’t set a target date for forward Mike Cammalleri’s return, who has been out since Jan. 26 with a hand injury, reports NorthJersey.com’s Tom Gulitti.