By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
We’re six days away from the NHL trade deadline, and plenty of movement is expected. Contenders like the Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings are looking to add pieces before the playoffs, while others like the Calgary Flames and Winnipeg Jets have put several of their top contributors on the trade block.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Vancouver Canucks traded 2013 first-round pick Hunter Shinkaruk to the Calgary Flames for Markus Granlund, reports TSN 1200’s A.J. Jakubec.
• As many as six teams have expressed interest in trading for Jets forward Andrew Ladd, including the Blackhawks, Kings and Washington Capitals, reports TSN’s Gary Lawless.
• The San Jose Sharks traded forward Raffi Torres and two second-round picks to the Toronto Maple Leafs for defenseman Roman Polak, reports ESPN.
• The Montreal Canadiens announced that defenseman Tom Gilbert will miss the rest of the season due to left knee surgery.
• New Jersey Devils defenseman Eric Gelinas hasn’t requested a trade, though he said he wants to play whether it be for the Devils or another team, reports NorthJersey.com’s Tom Gulitti.
• New York Rangers forward Rick Nash is unlikely to return in the near future while recovering from a bone bruise, reports NorthJersey.com’s Andrew Gross.
• San Jose Sharks defenseman Matt Tennyson is out indefinitely with what is believed to be a concussion, reports CSN Bay Area’s Kevin Kurz.