By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The NHL regular season came to a close on Sunday with the Anaheim Ducks beating the Washington Capitals 2–0 and the Philadelphia Flyers knocking off the New York Islanders 5–2. The Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin on Wednesday with the first game starting at 7:00 p.m. ET, as the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Detroit Red Wings.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Boston Bruins are rumored to be parting ways with head coach Claude Julien, reports Pro Hockey Talk’s Joey Alfieri.
• Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk told the Detroit Free Press that he will retire from the NHL after the season.
• Minnesota Wild forward Zach Parise may miss the start of the team’s playoff series against the Dallas Stars with an undisclosed injury, reports the Minneapolis Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
• Los Angeles Kings defenseman Alec Martinez skated on Sunday and is expected to return from an undisclosed injury for Game 1 of their series against the San Jose Sharks, reports LAKingsInsider.com’s Jon Rosen. Martinez has been out for a week with the injury.
• Anaheim Ducks forward Ryan Kesler will play in Game 1 of their series against the Nashville Predators after missing the season finale with a lower-body injury, reports the Orange County Register’s Eric Stephens.
• The Sabres’ top offseason priority is to re-sign defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen, reports the Buffalo News’ John Vogl.
• The Philadelphia Flyers announced on Monday that owner Ed Snider passed away after a two-year battle with cancer.