By Brian Rauf, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs begin Wednesday, as the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Detroit Red Wings. The Pittsburgh Penguins will also host the New York Rangers, while the Chicago Blackhawks will take on the St. Louis Blues in the nightcap.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Ottawa Senators announced they have fired head coach Dave Cameron and three assistants.
• Senators forward Curtis Lazar ripped his team, saying Ottawa was “too soft” in practices this year, reports the Ottawa Citizen’s Ken Warren.
• The St. Louis Blues will start goalie Brian Elliott for the postseason, reports the Associated Press’s R.B. Fallstrom.
• The Arizona Coyotes announced they have fired general manager Don Maloney.
• Boston Bruins forward David Krejci will undergo hip surgery this off-season, the team announced.
• The Buffalo Sabres won’t buy out forward Matt Moulson’s contract, reports The Buffalo News’ John Vogl.
• Sabres forward Cody McCormick will officially retire due to a blood clot that was found in his left leg last year, reports the Associated Press.