By Matt Connolly, Chat Sports
The Stanley Cup Playoffs get started Wednesday with three games on the slate. The Detroit Red Wings visit the Tampa Bay Lightning, the New York Rangers meet the Pittsburgh Penguins and the St. Louis Blues play the Chicago Blackhawks.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury will be a game-time decision due to his concussion, coach Mike Sullivan announced Wednesday.
• New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist is back at 100% heading into the series.
• Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh will not play in Game 1, as he continues to nurse a right hand injury. Rookie defenseman Brady Skjei will see the most ice time in his place.
• Minnesota Wild forwards Zach Parise (back) and Thomas Vanek (upper body) will both miss the team’s first two postseason contests against the Dallas Stars.
• The Toronto Maple Leafs have signed two of their young stars, defenseman Morgan Rielly and forward Nazem Kadri, to six-year deals.
• Washington Capitals forward T.J. Oshie left practice on Wednesday after being hit by a puck, but is expected to play against the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday.
• Despite strong play down the stretch by San Jose Sharks backup goalie James Reimer, the team has tabbed goalie Martin Jones as its Game 1 starter against the Los Angeles Kings.