By Tom Downey, Chat Sports
The NFL draft is just two days away and the rumor mill continues to churn. While Tom Brady and the reinstatement his four-game suspension was the main topic on Monday, there are plenty of other notable storylines pertaining to the draft.
Check out the latest NFL news and rumors below.
• Sam Bradford’s agent made his client’s desires clear on Monday, telling Sirius XM that Bradford wants “to go someplace where he’s the man.” The quarterback has requested a trade from the Philadelphia Eagles after they acquired the No. 2 pick in the draft, which they will presumably use to select a quarterback.
• One team that has already reached out to the Eagles about Bradford is the Denver Broncos. But according to Mike Klis of 9 News in Denver, the Eagles’ asking price was too high.
• Former Buffalo Bills and Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams is back in the NFL. After taking a year off, Williams has signed a one-year deal with Kansas City Chiefs, reports the NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
• Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told the Dallas Morning News that the team will “most likely” retain the No. 4 pick rather than trade it.
• Cowboys cornerback Brandon Carr has agreed to take a pay cut, according to ESPN. Carr’s base salary will go from $9.1 million to $4.25 million. He’ll also get a $1 million roster bonus and up to $750,000 in incentives.
• The contract extension talks between Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints are “ongoing,” Brees told NFL.com. The Saints star quarterback has just one year left on his current contract.
• West Virginia safety Karl Joseph is expected to be a first-round pick in this year's draft, despite being pegged as a second-rounder by many mock drafts, Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio reports.