There was just one Stanley Cup Playoff game Wednesday, but there are two set for Thursday. The St. Louis Blues hold a 2–1 series lead over the Dallas Stars and host Game 4. The Nashville Predators trail the San Jose Sharks 2–1, but have home ice for their Game 4 matchup.
Check out the latest NHL news and rumors below.
• The Arizona Coyotes have named John Chayka their general manager. The 26-year old is the youngest general manager in NHL history.
• Former Anaheim Ducks coach Bruce Boudreau met with the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday, reports Darren Dreger. Boudreu also has a meeting with the Ottawa Senators next week.
• Both the Ducks and Senators are looking for an experienced head coach, TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports.
• Former Calgary Flames head coach Bob Hartley told TSN he was “surprised” to hear there were differences in philosophy within the organization before his firing. Hartley said he thought that he and general manager Brad Treliving were always on the same page.
• One of the likely candidates for the open Flames job is Randy Carlyle, reports Renaud Lavoie of TVA Sports. Carlyle is a former head coach of the Maple Leafs.
• The Chicago Blackhawks are signing Gustav Forsling to an entry-level deal, reports CSN Chicago. The 19-year-old Swedish defenseman is one of the Blackhawks’ top prospects.
• The NHL has announced the finalists for the Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award. They are Alexander Ovechkin of the Washington Capitals, the New York Islanders’ John Tavares and the Predators’ Shea Weber.
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.