By Allan Muir
• Keeping a good thing going will be key for an Anaheim team that's trying to stay relevant in the Los Angeles market. Might also help if they could dig up a picture of Teemu Selanne to send to the manufacturer of his next bobblehead.
• "I love him more." "No, I love him more!" Ray Bourque is the latest to go gaga over
Boston rookie Dougie Hamilton , the teen sensation who looks waaay better in black and gold than he did earlier this month in red and white.
• Apparently, the Winnipeg Jets didn't give rookie Mark Scheifele a fair chance, which is why he's headed back to the OHL after he plays his fifth game of the season Sunday night. Or maybe it was because he did absolutely nothing to suggest that he belongs in the NHL at this point.
• Jonathan Quick got his by battling crease-crashing marauders and making more than 500 saves. Rob Scuderi got his by getting his nose flattened in the Cup clincher. Dustin Penner had to listen to eight weeks of pancake cracks in order to get his. You could get yours for 10 bucks.
• First, Derek Sanderson . Now, the real-life inspiration for Slap Shot's Ogie Ogilthorpe is about to get the Hollywood treatment. Can a Sean Avery Lifetime Movie be far behind? • Erik Gudbranson called every one of his Florida teammates to apologize for injuring his shoulder in a wakeboarding accident. He probably should have offered to mow their lawns after putting up that minus-19 last year.