Top Line: Jarome Iginla trade reacts, Craig Anderson's return, more links
By Allan Muir
A notated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories about Jarome Iginla...and other stuff:
• We've got several reacts to the late-night trade that sent Jarome Iginla to Pittsburgh and solidified the Penguins' standing as the prohibitive Stanley Cup favorites: the Penguins' web site, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the CBC, the Globe and Mail, CSNNE, the Calgary Herald, the Calgary Sun, the Edmonton Journal and the Boston Herald.
In other news...
• Good news in Ottawa, where goaltender Craig Anderson is close to a return to action.
• Rookie sensation Brendan Gallagher called Montreal's thrilling 6-5 shootout win over Boston the "funnest" game of his career. Probably the "funnest" game to watch this season, too. Here's hoping these two teams meet up in the playoffs and give us seven more games like it.
• Montreal's top prospect, North Dakota winger Danny Kristo, looks to close out his college career with an NCAA title.
• Roberto Luongo has been the consummate pro as he waits for the approaching trade and his next start.
• Drew Stafford draws back in for tonight's game against the Panthers, but it's likely that Buffalo will be without Thomas Vanek for at least one more game.
• The stunning play of Joffrey Lupul is giving Maple Leafs coach Randy Carlyle some options moving forward.Jussi Jokinen cleared waivers yesterday but he's expected to remain with the Hurricanes rather than be sent to Charlotte. Look for the 'Canes to eat some salary and move that talented winger before next Wednesday's trade deadline.