By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Here is Eric Duhatschek's take on Kane's memorable efforts on a night of carnage and attrition.
• And here's the great Bruce Arthur, who notes there weren't thumbs on the scales as the series tilted in favor of the Hawks, but fists instead.
• Bergeron's game is irreplaceable, says everybody who has ever watched him play.
• If Jonathan Toews is sidelined after taking a forearm shiver to the head in Game 5 and the Bruins come back to take the series, they may as well award Johnny Boychuk the Conn Smythe for delivering the cheap shot that changed the complexion of the series.
• The Hawks are just one win away from the Cup ... but can they get it without Toews? Probably a bit dramatic here -- Toews looked fine in joining the team celebrations post-game. I'd guess the decision to staple him to the bench in the third was precautionary. He'll be back Monday.
• The NHL is reviewing the head shot on Toews, as they should. There was a clean but effective hit to be made there. Boychuk only had to drop his arms six inches. Still, not convinced they'll go so far as to suspend him.
• It looks grim for the Bruins, but they've dug their way out of a mess like this before.
• Chicago's GM is chasing the trophy he was named after. No, not a People's Choice award.
• The event level of Calgary's Saddledome is a total loss after this week's tragic flooding, but the team's president promised the building would be ready to start the 2013-14 season on time.
• If you haven't yet seen the pictures of the destruction, you need to click here now.
• If Colorado doesn't want Jones, here's one team that will be thrilled to take him.
• John Niyo writes that the Pavel Datsyuk signing means the Red Wings will get serious about beefing up their roster for a Cup run. Nathan Horton is one option. Helene St. James says David Clarkson is another.
• The Jonathan Bernier sweepstakes are heating up. Steve Simmons believes the Flyers are the favorites, but Elliotte Friedman, speaking on Hotstove Tonight,thinks they won't pay the price and another team might swoop in.
• Add the Minnesota Wild to the list of Bernier suitors. And by the way, they might be interested if the Pens decide to deal Marc-Andre Fleury. • The QMI Sunday notes column touches on Torts, Tip, Bryz and the draft.