Stanley Cup Final: Notable quotes from Boston, Chicago coaches on Game 6
By Allan Muir
The most telling quotes from the press conferences held this morning by Chicago coach Joel Quenneville and Boston coach Claude Julien:
• Chicago coach Joel Quenneville on captain Jonathan Toews: "He's 100 percent ready to go.
• Quenneville on being in the right place mentally with a chance to close out the series: "You want to make sure you have confidence going into today's game, but let's make sure the energy is going to be in the right place. Let's make sure there's a purpose with it. But at the end of the day, we all dream about this challenge and this opportunity, and let's go take advantage of it."
• The opening question posed by an unnamed comedic genius at Claude Julien's presser: "Coach, with the NHL draft coming up, I wonder if you have had any chance to look at any of the prospects?"
• Julien, addressing the question the reporter didn't ask, but that everybody wanted answered: "Patrice will dress for warm-up tonight, and I'm feeling confident that he'll play."
• Julien on Plan B: "Well, I know [Jay] Pandolfo is going to be in the warm-up tonight for sure, so is [Jordan] Caron, so we're going to have a few guys out there. If Bergeron can't go, then I have got some decisions to make. Again, there's a little bit more in the thought process than just picking a guy. I need to make decisions based on what the needs will be for tonight's game."
• Julien on what it will take for Tyler Seguin and Brad Marchand to break out of their scoring slumps: "They've got to do their share of saying, 'You know what? It's my responsibility.' it's up to them to go out there and do it."
• Julien on the impact of a warm day in Boston on the ice conditions for tonight's game: "I thought the ice this morning was in pretty good shape, and they've done a good job. But [these] are conditions that you have to play with at this time of year ... two teams are going through the same conditions. Both teams are going to tell you the same truth: keep the game simple and try and avoid those mistakes from overhandling pucks in those kind of ice conditions."
• Julien on the pressures of an elimination game: "Just because we're down 3-2, we haven't lost the Cup yet, okay. We still have a chance to win it. It's about focusing on going out there and doing it and having fun doing it."