Top Line: Kings, Ducks shine under Dodger Stadium lights; More links
An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Vin Scully. KISS. An advance scout from the bug army in "Starship Troopers." And the Great One. Last night's Stadium Series game in L.A. may have been more spectacle than sporting event, but it was a magnificent tribute to hockey in Southern California.
• Cat juggling may be ugly, but puck juggling? So much beauty:
• Michel Therrien says the Habs will throw the DVD of that one in the garbage. In the wake of yet another dispiriting loss, the DVD might not be the only thing getting tossed in Montreal.
• The Sabres are closer to moving Ryan Miller, George McPhee is frantically trying to save his job in Washington with a big deal and says Nazem Kadri might still be on the table in this week's NHL trade rumors wrap-up.
• John Vogl says new ownership in Florida brings hope to a hard-luck franchise.
• Fluto Shinazawa introduces one of hockey's top fighting coaches, considers the apologies owed in Vancouver and looks at three players the Bruins might target as they look to reinforce their blueline in his Sunday column.
• One of the NHL's most infamous jersey designs returned last night...but not in the NHL.
• Nice piece here by Adam Proteau on the NHL's most polarizing figure. No, it's not Sid.
• It was Grapes being Grapes on Coach's Corner last night:
• Brian Costello takes a look back at Glenn Hall and one of the NHL's greatest records. Think this one is absolutely unbeatable? Yeah, me too.
• Bob Hunter writes that there's much more to Columbus' recent success than a hot streak.
• A pair of much-maligned ex-Pens made the difference as Dallas topped Pittsburgh with its most complete effort of the season.
• You suppose this could have been a dive?http://i.imgur.com/287n85B.gif