An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• Roberto Luongo let everyone back in Vancouver know that he hadn't forgotten them by trolling his old team during their 6-1 loss to the Stars. Is there a word for something that's funny and depressing at the same time?
• Was Thursday night the beginning of the end for John Tortorella? The Canucks played like a team that was trying to get its coach fired.
• Here's a look at Lidstrom's number being raised to the rafters of Joe Louis Arena:
• Detroit wasn't only honoring its former captain. The Wings were saying goodbye to an era of excellence.
• We have to assume the meetings were held after Vinik received a top-secret trade request application from Marty.
• Here's The Onion having fun with the proliferation of outdoor games. • Did you miss out on the buzzy Flappy Bird app before its creator pulled it off the market? No worries. Now you can play Phlappy Phil instead. Yes, this is an actual thing that exists.