fans would be wise to bring the love for their team to Game 5. (Francois Lacasse/Getty Images)
By Allan Muir
An annotated guide to this morning's must-read hockey stories:
• The odds the Canadiens face aren't good heading into Tuesday night's must-win Game 5 against the Rangers, but Dave Stubbs says that there's something Montreal fans can do to help.
• Carey Price skated on Monday and took shots in practice on Tuesday morning. So, is a miraculous return to the lineup in the cards for the injured keeper?
• New York has tossed away games with slipshod performances in these playoffs, but the Rangers can't afford to make that mistake in Game 5. A series that's seemingly in the bag can turn quickly. New York can't give the Canadiens a chance to believe.
• James Mirtle considers the numbers and says that Henrik Lundqvist -- Stanley Cup to his credit or not -- is the best goalie of his generation.
• Carl Hagelin's heroics have the Rangers in the driver's seat against Montreal. He's chipping in on offense, but his dogged effort on the PK is his biggest contribution to New York's success.
• Ginette Reno has become the voice of the Canadiens during the playoffs. Michael Farber profiles her in this video feature for TSN.
• This is funny because it's true.
• Several key decisions await Brian MacLellan, the former assistant to Capitals GM George McPhee, who on Monday night was named as McPhee's replacement in Washington.
• Wayne Gretzky says that he never talked to the Capitals about a job, but he is interested in finding the right place for himself in the game.
• Washington stayed in-house with its GM hire. Might the Penguins follow suit?
• Here's another candidate for a promotion in Pittsburgh.
• The Ryan Kesler conundrum and the enigma of the Sedin Twins are just two of six vexing problems that face new Canucks GM Jim Benning.
• One week after looking unbeatable, the Blackhawks are on the brink of elimination after a disastrous first period snowballed into a 5-2 Game 4 loss to the Kings last night.
• It won't be easy for Chicago fans to admit, but Los Angeles just might be better than their beloved Hawks.
• Goaltending, special teams, Drew Doughty ... the focal points change, but the results don't as the Kings just keep winning.
• Doughty hasn't just talked a big game, he's also delivered in this series, spurred on by the frustration of struggling with an ankle injury against Chicago last spring.
• Roberto Luongo entered a contest to design a new mask for former teammate Eddie Lack. This looks like a winner!
• There's already plenty of trade buzz surrounding the NHL draft, but the Red Wings' GM says that things could happen even sooner with a major league event coming up this week.
• Does this invention mark the end of the Zamboni
? The Ice Jet has already caught the eye of the TV show Shark Tank
, but it also has decades of tradition (and hopeless romance) to overcome before it becomes hockey's version of the Roomba.