Real Madrid president Florentino Pérez said that forward Gareth Bale is not for sale at any price amid rumors linking the Welshman to Manchester United.
Bale debuted with Real Madrid last season following a transfer from Tottenham for a world record $132 million deal.
“We have not received an offer from Manchester or any other club for Gareth Bale," Pérez said, according to The Guardian. "We would never listen to any offer for Bale, no matter what the fee.”
Manchester United was also linked to Bale before his September 2013 transfer. Red Devils manager Louis van Gaal refused to discuss a potential bid for Bale last week.
Bale, 25, has scored 11 goals this season for Real, which currently leads La Liga with 39 points. The Welsh star was also part of the Real Madrid team that won the Champions League and Copa del Rey last season.
“Manchester United? I’m happy in Madrid," Bale said Tuesday after Real lost a friendly to Milan 4-2 in Dubai. "I love the city, the weather and the club. I’m eager to win more silverware here.
“I have a contract with Real Madrid until 2019 and could remain for more years after the end of it.”
- Mike Fiammetta