Across Europe, a number of teams are looking to upgrade during this January's transfer window. Several clubs have already upgraded, with Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny from Basel, Liverpool signing Marko Grujic from Red Star Belgrade and Newcastle buying Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea City. Will other clubs across Europe seek to bolster their squads to make a run at a league title or the Champions League? Which clubs are planning to sell?
With Deadline Day looming, catch up on all of the latest transfer news and rumors here.
PODCAST: Lyttleton on who's staying, who's going in transfer window
• Leicester City has signed defender Daniel Amartey from FC Copenhagen for around $7 million (£5m). “All over Europe, people are talking about Leicester City and how well the Club is doing in the Premier League. The team play exciting, attacking football and I’m looking forward to being part of it,” he said.
• Arsenal defensive midfielder Glen Kamara has joined Southend United on loan until the end of the season, the club announced.
• AC Milan is interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini, according to a report. His asking price is $27 million (£19m).
• Gazzetta World’s Tancredi Palmeri reports that both Manchester City and United are bidding to make a big move for Barcelona Ballon d’or finalist Neymar.
• Barcelona could loan out defender Douglas this month, manager Luis Enrique said.
• Chelsea defender Branislav Ivanovic signed a one-year contract to remain with the club. “I have enjoyed so much success since moving to the club and I am determined to help the team achieve more in the last months of this season and next year as well,” he said.
• Bayern Munich president Franz Beckenbauer told a German newspaper that Bayern striker Robert Lewandowski could be a possible candidate for Real Madrid.
• Manchester United goalkeeper Victor Valdes has apparently been transferred to a new club after posting a thank you message to United fans on Twitter on Thursday. Reports have linked Valdes to Standard Liege.
• Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino would be interested in bringing back Real Madrid’s Gareth Bale, reports ESPN FC. Bale played for Tottenham for six seasons before signing with Real in 2013. Football Leaks recently released documents allegedly showing that Tottenham would have the first chance to bid on Bale if other Premier League clubs attempt to sign him.
• West Brom striker Saido Berahino is coveted by Tottenham, Newcastle, Chelsea and Stoke City, according to Sky Sports. Berahino reportedly wants to join Newcastle, but the club fears West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace may block any deal, according to The Daily Mail.
• Swansea reportedly inquired about Liverpool midfielder Joe Allen, but the club has informed Swansea that Allen will not be made available for transfer, according to Sky Sports.