Across Europe, a number of teams are looking to upgrade during this January's transfer window. Several clubs have already upgraded, with Arsenal signing Mohamed Elneny from Basel, Liverpool signing Marko Grujic from Red Star Belgrade and Newcastle buying Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea City. Will other clubs across Europe seek to bolster their squads to make a run at a league title or the Champions League? Which clubs are planning to sell?
With Deadline Day looming, catch up on all of the latest transfer news and rumors here.
PODCAST: Lyttleton on who's staying, who's going in transfer window
• Chelsea has completed a loan deal for Brazilian forward Alexandre Pato. The club announced his move to Stamford Bridge until season’s end. Pato, 26, has played in his native Brazil since leaving AC Milan in 2012.
• QPR’s Sandro has joined West Brom on loan, the club announced.
• Swansea announced the signing of Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi.
• Former Aston Villa defender Philippe Senderos, recently released, has signed with Grasshoppers Zurich.
• Sky Sports reports Newcastle has inquired about Roma forward Seydou Doumbia on a loan basis.
• Neymar says he is ‘very happy” at Barcelona, quelling speculation of a future move after his comments earlier in the week describing his desire to play for Pep Guardiola one day.
• Manchester United could be vying for Nigerian forward Ahmed Musa of CSKA Moscow, Sky Sports reports. Leicester City is also believed to have interest in the striker.
• Leicester, in pursuit of a forward, has made an offer for AC Milan’s M’Baye Niang, according to Sky Sports. The French striker, 21, has scored twice for Milan in eight matches.
• Inter Milan announced the signing of forward Eder from Sampdoria on a two-year loan deal. The Brazilian-born Italian international has scored 12 goals in Serie A.
• Real Madrid has interest in signing Chelsea’s Eden Hazard, The Guardian reports. Hazard has been stricken with injury this season and is now being linked to the Spanish giant, which is currently under a transfer ban. Chelsea has also been tied to striker Robin Van Persie.
• West Brom has approached QPR about bringing in midfielder Sandro on loan for the rest of the season, according to Sky Sports. Sandro has lacked for playing time and was also linked with a move to Sunderland.
• Neymar told RedBull.com that he would love to play for Pep Guardiola someday. With Guardiola readying a move to a Premier League club, could the Barcelona striker be far behind? “Guardiola is a guy who I really admire and who I would love to work with,” the Brazilian said. “It’s tough to say if I want to play in other countries. Nobody knows tomorrow, but I am very happy where I am right now at Barcelona.”
• New York Red Bulls defender Matt Miazga is having a physical with Chelsea on Thursday, Sky Sports reports. The 20-year-old American could be on the move to the Premier League.
• Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia has moved on loan to Sampdoria, the club announced.
• Alexandre Pato’s move to Chelsea is being held up over loan fee issues, Sky Sports reports. Pato reportedly underwent a medical on Wednesday night, but has yet to make the move official.
• Swansea City and new manager Francesco Guidolin announced interest in Chievo striker Alberto Paloschi and said the deal is close. “Alberto was my player when we work together at Parma," Guidolin told reporters. “He was a promising player, very young, after he changed team. At the moment Paloschi is coming, and after a medical test I think he could be our player.”
• Ivory Coast forward Gervinho is reportedly headed to Chinese club Heibei China Fortune FC on an £18m transfer from Roma.
• Newcastle United signed Tottenham’s Andros Townsend on a five-and-a-half-year deal, the club announced.
• Colombia international Fredy Guarin is leaving Inter Milan for Shanghai Shenhua in China.
• Ashley Cole has joined the LA Galaxy of MLS.
• Chelsea’s Ramires has joined Chinese club Jiangsu Suning, reports BBC. The deal is reportedly worth £25m.
• Alexandre Pato has arrived in London to complete his six-month loan to Chelsea, reports Sky Sports. The deal reportedly has an option to make the transfer permanent in the summer.
• Liverpool has made an offer for Schalke defender Joel Matip, sources told Sky Sports.
• After only six months with the club, winger Florian Thauvin is expected to leave Newcastle, reports Sky Sports. His former club, Marseille, is currently the favorite to re-sign him.
• Swansea City signed Ryan Blair from Falkirk, the team announced Wednesday. Blair signed a three year deal with the club and is set to link up with the club’s under-21 squad.
• Jonjoe Kenny has joined Oxford United on a one-month loan from Everton, the team announced Wednesday.
• Emmanuel Adebayor has signed a short-term contract with Crystal Palace, reports the Associated Press. Adebayor has signed with the club through the end of the season. He has not be a part of the team since he was released from his contract at Tottenham last September.
• A.S. Roma has signed Stephan El Shaarawy from A.C. Milan, the team announced. The forward joins the club on a loan deal until the end of June. The deal as an option to make loan permanent before the start of the 2016-17 season.
• Alexandre Pato’s six-month loan from Corinthians to Chelsea has been finalized, according to Sky Sports.
• Newcastle agreed to a £12m fee with Tottenham for Andros Townsend, Sky Sports reports. Townsend has only played 64 minutes for Tottenham during the current Premier League campaign.
• Barcelona manager Luis Enrique says he expects Neymar to sign a new deal with the team, reports The Mirror.