Danny Welbeck's goal in the final seconds of Arsenal's 2–1 victory over Leicester City on Feb. 14 is the most tweeted about moment of the 2015-16 Premier League season so far.
In his first game back after a 10–month absence due to a knee injury, Welbeck entered as a substitute and scored the winning goal off a free kick from Mesut Ozil. The England international leaped and glanced his header past Leicester keeper Kasper Schmeichel.
The victory moved Arsenal within two points of league–leaders Leicester City.
Welbeck's goal surpassed another Arsenal score as the season's most–tweeted moment: Alexis Sanchez's strike to give the Gunners a 3–0 lead on Manchester United in an early October match at Emirates Stadium. That game is the most–tweeted about match of the Premier League season thus far.
Watch Welbeck's goal below:
Arsenal's next Premier League match will come against Manchester United on Feb. 28.
10 biggest Twitter moments of the 2015–16 Premier League season:
1. Welbeck scores in the dying seconds to give Arsenal a vital 2-1 victory over Leicester (Feb. 14, 2016)
2. Alexis Sanchez scores to put the Gunners 3-0 up against Man United in the first 20 minutes at the Emirates (Oct. 4, 2015)
3. Arsenal's Mesut Ozil scores moments after Sanchez to give Arsenal a 2-0 seventh minute lead against Manchester United (Oct. 4, 2015)
4. Gabriel is sent-off following an altercation with Chelsea's Diego Costa, which results in a small scrap (Sept. 19, 2015)
5. Liverpool's Christian Benteke scores a wonder goal at Old Trafford to bring Liverpool back to 2-1 against Manchester United (Sept. 12, 2015)
6. Fernandinho makes it 3-0 to Man City in the last five minutes as they dominate Chelsea at the Etihad (Aug. 16, 2015)
7. Olivier Giroud puts Arsenal 2-0 up against Man City on the brink of halftime at Emirates (Dec. 21, 2015)
8. Leicester City's Jamie Vardy breaks the EPL record by scoring in his 11th consecutive game (Nov. 28, 2015)
9. Leicester's Robert Huth gets his second of the game as the Foxes take a 3-0 lead against Manchester City at the Etihad (Feb. 6, 2016)
10. Anthony Martial scores on his debut to seal the three points for Manchester United against Liverpool (Sept. 12, 2015)