David Ortiz has not decided yet if he will accept the Boston Red Sox's offer for arbitration, so one former New York Yankee and a current one are urging the Boston slugger to make a move to the Bronx while playing in his charity golf tournament in the Dominican Republic.
"Shoot, I was trying to tell him if he went to New York his 30 home runs turns into 40," Damon told the Boston Globe Saturday. "He still has a great chance to win. I'm happy I got to experience both sides (of the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry). Both sides were very incredible for me.
"It would be a good idea, having another lefty on the team," Cano said. "We all know he's a great hitter. Last year, a lot of people were saying, 'He's done.' He proved a lot of people wrong. I like people, when they're down, they prove people wrong. He came back, did a great job."
Ortiz, 36, finished 2011 with 29 home runs and 96 RBI, while hitting .309/.398/.544.