Tim Polzer
Friday December 28th, 2012

Chad Johnson reportedly told the FBI his sex tape was hacked from his phone.(Jamie Squire/Getty Images) Chad Johnson reportedly told the FBI his sex tape was hacked from his phone.(Jamie Squire/Getty Images)

Former NFL star wide receiver Chad Johnson's sex tape video has been removed from the Internet by two websites following a cease and desist letter, according to a TMZ report.

Sources told TMZ Johnson's attorneys claimed the websites had no right to post the videos because the tape was stolen.

Johnson previously reported contacting the FBI with his belief that the tape was hacked from his phone.

Johnson has admitted that the male in the video -- engaging in sexual activities with two females -- was indeed him, and that the tape was recorded approximately three years ago in a Florida hotel. Johnson, who was cut by the Dolphins during training camp this year, last played for the Patriots in 2011.

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.