Manti Te'o reportedly deleted his Twitter account to focus on NFL Draft. (Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images)
Former Notre Dame linebacker and All-American Manti Te'o won't be anywhere near a social media platform as he has deleted his Twitter account to prepare for the NFL Draft, reports ESPN.com.
His account, @MTeo_5, was deleted sometime during the Super Bowl on Sunday. The reports states that Te'o will be off Twitter "for an indefinite period of time to prepare for the NFL draft."
Te'o was the center of a controversy last month when it was reported by Deadspin.com that the story of his girlfriend Lennay Kekua dying of leukemia in September was not true. It was revealed that the hoax was made up by a man named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, who said he created Kekua and communicated with Te'o as the woman during phone calls and text messages. Te'o said he had nothing to do with the hoax.
Despite the strange story, many draft analysts do not see Te'o dropping far down in the draft. Te'o moved down from No. 6 to No. 12 in the last version of ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper's big board because of what Kiper attributes to "positional value" in the draft order.