Oscar Pistorius dropped by Oakley, Nike has 'no further plans' to feature him
The downward spiral for Oscar Pistorius continues.
Approximately six months after becoming the first amputee to compete in a track event at the Olympics, Pistorius is now facing a murder charge for allegedly fatally shooting his girlfriend on Valentine's Day.
In the wake of the charges, The Guardian is reporting that Pistorius has now been dropped by a number of sponsors including Oakley, and Nike said the brand has "no further plans" to feature Pistorius in any of its campaigns. Nike had previously used Pistorius in a number of ad campaigns, including one in which he was featured with the catchline, "I am the bullet in the chamber." The endorsements were believed to have brought in $2 million for the former Olympic star. According to the report, his agent, Peet van Zyl, told the media on Sunday that sponsors remain committed to Pistorius despite the charges.