Arkansas AD Jeff Long named College Football Playoff selection committee chairman
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long has been selected as the chairman of the College Football Playoff selection committee according to a CFB Playoff video released via Facebook and Twitter on Monday.
A news conference reportedly is scheduled Wednesday in Dallas to announce the 13-person committee.
The CFB Playoff selection committee will be tasked with selecting the four teams that advance to the College Football Playoff beginning after the 2014 regular season.
ESPN and the Associated Press have reported the other members of the committee are:
• Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez
• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, the former Air Force Academy superintendent
• USC athletic director Pat Haden
• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt
• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck
• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning
• Former Nebraska athletic director and coach Tom Osborne
• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich
• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese
• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg
• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willinghamhttps://twitter.com/CFBPlayoff/status/389737334935408640