Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long will chair the College Football Playoff selection committee. (Wesley Hitt/Getty)
Arkansas athletic director Jeff Long has been selected as the chairman of the College Football Playoff selection committee according to a CFB Playoff video released via Facebook and Twitter on Monday.
A news conference reportedly is scheduled Wednesday in Dallas to announce the 13-person committee.
The CFB Playoff selection committee will be tasked with selecting the four teams that advance to the College Football Playoff beginning after the 2014 regular season.
MANDEL: Week 7 was one for the underdogs
ESPN and the Associated Press have reported the other members of the committee are:
• Wisconsin athletic director Barry Alvarez
• Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Gould, the former Air Force Academy superintendent
• USC athletic director Pat Haden
• Former NCAA executive vice president Tom Jernstedt
• West Virginia athletic director Oliver Luck
• Former NFL and Ole Miss quarterback Archie Manning
• Former Nebraska athletic director and coach Tom Osborne
• Clemson athletic director Dan Radakovich
• Former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Former Big East commissioner Mike Tranghese
• Former USA Today reporter Steve Wieberg
• Former Stanford/Notre Dame/Washington coach Tyrone Willingham