UNSUPPORTED BROWSER
SI Wire

Agent: Jonathan Martin had issues with several Dolphins

Jonathan Martin had started all seven games for the team this season. (AP Photo/Alan Diaz) Jonathan Martin had started all seven games for the team this season. (AP Photo/Alan Diaz)

Richie Incognito wasn't the only Dolphins player offensive tackle Jonathan Martin had issues with, his agent told ESPN's Mark Schwarz on Thursday.

Agent Rick Smith told ESPN that Martin, who walked out on the team last week, is doing very well but wouldn't say when his client would return to the team.

It's the latest volley between Martin's advisers, Dolphins players and media reports.

MMQB: An insider's look at Incognito and Martin

On Thursday, Fox Sports 1's Alex Marvez reported Incognito was expected to file a grievance with the Dolphins after the team suspended him indefinitely following the release of voice mails that included a racial slur, expletives and threats against Martin and his family.

On Wednesday, ProFootballTalk.com cited multiple league sources in reporting Smith called Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland before his client left the team Oct. 28 and complained about the manner in which the second-year player was being treated by Incognito.

In response, Ireland suggested Martin respond to Incognito physically and specifically mentioned that he should "punch" the veteran guard, the sources told ProFootballTalk.com.

Incognito and some of his teammates have denied that he bullied Martin, a second-year offensive lineman.

On Tuesday, in Incognito’s most recent comments about the scandal, he said, “I’m just trying to weather the storm right now. This will pass.”

Martin reportedly checked himself into a hospital for treatment immediately after leaving the team's headquarters.

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/398522041105534976
Promoted Stories
Comments
SI.com

Drag this icon to your bookmark bar.
Then delete your old SI.com bookmark.

SI.com

Click the share icon to bookmark us.