Jameis Winston has denied a sexual assault claim against him since it emerged Nov. 13. (Stacy Revere/Getty Images)
The State Attorney's Office overseeing the investigation of Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston said they will probably need two weeks or more before deciding whether or not to bring sexual assault charges against the redshirt freshman, reports Jeremy Fowler of CBSSports.com.
"It's mostly likely (after next week)," chief assistant state's attorney for Leon County Georgia Cappleman said about when a decision will be made about Winston.
A victim said that Winston raped her last December, while Winston's attorney said the sex was consensual. The alleged victim's family released a statement last week questioning the investigation.
Winston has not commented on the case and has continued to play for the second-ranked Seminoles. They play Florida this Saturday and have already locked up a spot in the ACC Championship on Dec. 7. Winston is also leading candidate for the Heisman Trophy.
STAPLES: Fresno State or NIU? Sizing up BCS debates entering rivalry week
Winston has passed for 3,163 yards for 32 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.