Texas president Bill Powers and athletic director Steve Patterson will be involved in the search to replace Mack Brown. (Erich Schlegel/Getty Images)
Texas athletic director Steve Patterson has appointed an eight-person advisory search committee to replace Mack Brown, the school announced Wednesday.
The school also has retained the executive recruiting firm Korn/Ferry for the search to hire a new head football coach.
FORBES: Texas ranked most valuable college football program
The eight search committee members, according to UT -- per the Austin American Statesman -- are:
- Steve Hicks, vice chair of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, and owner and executive chairman of Capstar Partners LLC, a private investment firm.
- Robert Stillwell, member of the Board of Regents, one of the board’s athletics liaisons, retired partner at Baker Botts LLP and an original director of Mesa Petroleum Co.
- Michael Clement, accounting professor, McCombs School of Business at UT Austin, and faculty representative to the Men’s and Women’s Athletics Councils.
- Ricardo Hinojosa, United States federal judge for the Southern District of Texas, former member of the university’s Commission of 125.
- Charles Matthews, former vice president and general counsel of Exxon Mobil, current president of the Texas Exes.
- Robert Rowling, former member of the Board of Regents and owner and chairman of TRT Holdings Inc.
- Charles Tate, chairman of Capital Royalty, former member of the executive committee of the university’s Commission of 125.
- Pamela Willeford, former U.S. ambassador to Switzerland and Liechtenstein and former chair of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board.