San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was linked to a Miami sexual assault report. (AP Photo / Jim Mahoney)
Colin Kaepernick responded Wednesday to the release of 911 calls tied to what was first reported as a sexual assault investigation, saying the public can now see what really happened last month in Miami.
A day after Miami police released the 911 calls, the 49ers quarterback wrote on Twitter:
“On 911 calls, I’m glad the truth is getting out. Info that came out earlier was totally wrong. I look forward to this matter being resolved."
The woman told police that she woke up in a hospital after feeling lightheaded while drinking with Kaepernick, Seahawks receiver Ricardo Lockette and 49ers receiver Quinton Patton.
Two 911 calls seem to back up the claims of Kaepernick and Lockette that the woman was behaving strangely and that they were trying to get her out of the apartment.
Lockette reportedly made one call, and a building security guard made the second call.
A man believed to be Lockette is heard telling the 911 dispatcher that a naked woman in his friend’s bed refused to leave. The caller makes it clear that his “friend” was no longer in the suite, and that the woman was determined to meet him.
“I want to report there’s a young lady in my friend’s bed,” said the caller, via the San Jose Mercury News.
“He’s not here. She’s going to wait in his bed. She’s not leaving. We asked her to leave. We told her he won’t be here tonight. She said she’s not leaving until she sees him.”