Scooby Axson
Wednesday June 4th, 2014

Donald Sterling Donald Sterling's 33-year ownership of the Clippers could be coming to an end. (Johnny Vy/NBAE via Getty Images)

Banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling says that he is ready to "move on" after the NBA allowed the sale of the franchise and withdrew its charge to terminate his ownership of the team.

Sterling was banned for life last month by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and fined $2.5 million after being on caught on tape saying racist remarks.

The league agreed to let his wife Shelly Sterling handle the sale of the team. Former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer ultimately won the bidding, paying a reported $2 billion for the team. The league's Board of Governors still need to approve the sale.

"I feel fabulous, I feel very good. Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good," Sterling said to NBC4 in Los Angeles.

"I'm OK, I'm OK," Sterling added. "Is the NBA OK? I'm not sure about that. Is (NBA Commissioner) Adam Silver OK? I'm sure he's OK.

Sterling still has a lawsuit pending after suing the NBA and Silver, seeking damages in excess of $1 billion. Sterling did not say if he plans to go through with the lawsuit, according to the report. McCANN: NBA scores legal victory with Sterling indemnity

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.