SYDNEY (AP) -- Football Federation Australia has denied claims that Socceroo and Everton midfielder Tim Cahill was drunk and disorderly in a Kings Cross bar last week after celebrating Australia's World Cup qualification and an awards night.

"We've spoken to the player concerned, we've spoken to his teammates that were with him at the time, we've spoken to the venue management and we certainly believe that Tim has not done anything wrong," FFA chief Ben Buckley told Monday's Daily Telegraph newspaper.

"Let me just say, we've had no complaint from the venue management, we've had no complaint from any individual and no complaint from the police."

The Telegraph and other Sydney media reported that Cahill, who has played with Everton in England's Premier League since 2004, was ejected from the bar in the early hours of Friday morning after being refused service because he was too drunk.

The newspaper, quoting unnamed sources, said Cahill reacted angrily with bar and security staff who ordered him to leave the premises.

Police in Kings Cross confirmed they attended an incident at the bar but that there was no official ongoing investigation.

Australia qualified for next year's World Cup in South Africa after a scoreless draw against Qatar in Doha on June 6. The Socceroos defeated Bahrain 2-0 last Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Asian qualifying.

The FFA held its annual awards nights last Thursday, when Cahill was chosen as the Professional Footballers Association's player of the year.

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.