Los Angeles Galaxy and England midfielder David Beckham will return to AC Milan for a second loan spell in January, according to Sky Sport Italia.

Speculation has been rife over the midfielder's future after he claimed other offers were on the table, but the report from the Italian sports news channel is indicative that a deal has already been struck.

Sky Sport claims directors from both clubs have opened up new dialogue and Beckham will return to Milan at the start of 2010. It is said Beckham has the option to rescind his contract with the Galaxy, but that is unlikely as the Rossoneri cannot offer him a long-term deal. In addition, the player has sponsorship deals to respect with the American outfit.

Beckham has previously stated he would seek another loan to Milan during the MLS offseason -- as he did this past year -- in order to stay in the picture for England's World Cup team. The former English national-team captain also has said that he'll return to the Galaxy to see out his contract at the conclusion of South African 2010.

To strengthen its claim, Sky maintains that Milan vice president Adriano Galliani allegedly discussed Beckham with England coach Fabio Capello on Thursday, and the former Milan tactician was happy to see his man head head back to the San Siro.

Furthermore, the report claims Milan coach Leonardo is making plans to change his tactics so Beckham can fit into the system by moving midfielder Andrea Pirlo further forward.

Previous reports had connected Beckham to an MLS offseason move back to the English Premier League, perhaps with Arsenal, Chelsea or Tottenham.

Despite the report of an agreement, neither Milan, the Galaxy nor Beckham have substantiated the claims.

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.