MILAN (AP) -- AC Milan striker Ronaldinho has no plans to leave the club in the January transfer window.

The Brazilian's contract runs out at the end of June and there have been rumors that the club might try to cash in on him when it can.

Ronaldinho joined Milan from Barcelona in July 2008 on a three-year contract.

"I'm not leaving Milan. I will stay here to the end of the season. Of this I'm sure,'' Ronaldinho said on Friday. "The fans know that I am happy here and enjoy playing with this team.

"I want to do well,'' he said. "This is my job and I want to win titles with Milan. It would not be a problem for me to stay here for many more years.''

So far this season Ronaldinho has yet to score as he adapts to two new attack partners in Zlatan Ibrahimovic and compatriot Robinho.

In his first season with the club, the 30-year-old Ronaldinho scored eight times, but his form improved the following year when he netted 17 goals and formed a potent attacking trident with Marco Borriello and Alexandre Pato.

"Here I feel important,'' he said. "I'm not thinking about leaving in January because I want to do my best to ensure that Milan remains competitive till the end of the season.''

Ronaldinho could be joined by yet another Brazilian at Milan in January. Kaka has been linked with a return to the club following injury and a loss of form at Real Madrid that has meant he has fallen behind Mesut Oezil and Santiago Canares for the attacking midfield role.

"He is part of the history of this club,'' Ronaldinho said. "If he wants to return it would be my pleasure to open the door for him.''

SI Apps
We've Got Apps Too
Get expert analysis, unrivaled access, and the award-winning storytelling only SI can provide - from Peter King, Tom Verducci, Lee Jenkins, Seth Davis, and more - delivered straight to you, along with up-to-the-minute news and live scores.