Kate Bock: 25 Facts About Me
Want to get to know Kate Bock, this year's SI Swim Rookie of the Year, a little better? We don't blame you. The Vancouver native was discovered in high school while competing in a swim meet. She's also an avid snowboarder who has been known to sleep with a snowboard under her bed in case an opportunity to board ever presents itself. Here are 25 more facts about one of Canada's finest:
GALLERY: Kate Bock’s 2013 SI Swimsuit Photos
1. I went to French School.
2. I'm super close with my family; My cousins are like siblings.
3. I am a middle child.
4. The Knicks game where I was given the Rookie of the Year trophy was my first ever live basketball game.
5. My eyes tears every time I drink "sparkling" anything.
6. The Grease Soundtrack was the first and only tape I ever owned (And i know every word to every song).
7. I've seen Jay-Z in concert five times.
8. I counted down the days until summer camp every year of my childhood.
9. I love going to Hockey games.
10. My high school's team name was the Highlanders (Try not to be too intimidated).
11. Chocolate lava cake makes me week in the knees like nothing else.
12. I've been skydiving (I'm a badass and wasn't scared at all).
13. I have participated in a flash mob.
14. I have a never ending love for Paul Newman.
15. My first job was at Dairy Queen.
16. I have never broken a bone.
17. I know every episode of Sex and the City by heart.
18. I'm the tidiest person ever
19. My two favorite celeb crushes are Taylor (Kitsch and Swift).
20. I love the SUN. LOVE LOVE the sun.
21. My best friends are the most fun, hilarious, loves in the world
22. I am a certified Lifeguard
23. Snowboarding at Whistler Mountain with friends is my happiest place
24. Close talkers give me anxiety.
25. Wet birds don't fly at night.
GALLERY: Kate Bock’s 2013 SI Swimsuit PhotosFollow Kate on Twitter| Follow Kate on Instagram