Jessica Perez, who appeared in the 2012 and 2013 SI Swimsuit issues, was born in San Jose, Costa Rica but spend much of her childhood in Honduras and Ecuador. She also holds a psychology degree from Hunter College and works with Dog Habitat Rescue, an organization that rescues and rehabilitates abandoned and negelcted dogs. Her modeling includes advertising campaigns for Levi's, Victoria's Secret, American Eagle and Sephora in addition to magazine work for Elle, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Nylon and numerous European magazines.
1. If I wasn't modeling, I would have really short hair.
2. I had to wear an eye patch when I was a kid.
3. I was born almost one month premature.
4. My mom didn't know she was pregnant with me until she was 4 months along.
5. I talk to my dog Sasha like she's a human.
6. My older sister and I are only 11 months apart.
7. I grew up in Costa Rica, Honduras, and Ecuador.
8. I don't know how to drive.
9. I suffer from a severe case of middle child syndrome.
10. The sight of blood or needles can make me faint.
11. When I was a kid, I used to say that I wanted to have five children; that number has dramatically lowered over the years!
12. My dad is one of nine children.
13. I look a lot like my mom.
14. I don't let makeup artists pluck my eyebrows.
15. I started speaking English at seven years old. Before then, I only wanted to speak in Spanish.
16. I wish I could speak fluent French.
17. I want to live in the woods one day.
18. I would be happy living in warm weather and only wearing tank tops, shorts, and sandals for the rest of my life.
19. I've served as a juror.
20. The quality I dislike the most in people is arrogance.
21. I felt very awkward and unattractive for my entire adolescence.
22. I was a total studious nerd in middle and high school. And proud of it!
23. The day my brother was born was one of the happiest days of my life.
24. I have an amazing group of girl friends; girls are the best!
25. I always think about the future.