ITEMS OF A NEWSY NATURE
- Al Jazeera explored the politically provocative nature of Vogue's choice to use Gigi Hadid, who is half-Palestinean, in a recreation of a 1988 Vogue cover (notable for being Anna Wintour's first as editor) which featured model Michaela Bercu, who is Israeli. The story accompanying the images does make note of the models' respective heritages, but stops there, leaving pundits on both sides wondering about the significance. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN????!?
- Related in geography and controversy, but provocative in a different way is this new Israeli commercial for eyewear featuring Bar Refaeli which critics (and I) say is kiiinda, well, not all that cool.
- And related to the above two items in no way whatsoever is all the hubbub over Miss America judge Kathy Ireland's choice to go bare...foot during a pre-competition interview.
- If you need ideas on how to do a first wedding anniversary right, Chrissy Teigen and John Legend have the answer. But the Olive Garden works, too.
- Emily Ratajowkski and Zac Efron: Are they? Aren't they? Celebrity gossip rules.
- Perez Hilton posted a whole buncha images from Russell James' Angels, which features Brooklyn Decker and Lily Aldridge.
SWIMSTAGRAM (FULL SIZE)
TWEETS FROM OUR SWEETS