ITEMS of a NEWSY NATURE
- We Are Your Friends, Emily Ratjkowski's latest film directed by Max Joseph (a.k.a. the guy from Catfish that thankfully isn't Nev Schulman), and also starring Zac Efron and
Seneca CraneWes Bentley, has been picked up for distribution.
- Swimsuit 2001 calendar cover model Kristy Hinze will maybe be competing in a yacht race in Australia or something. No word on whether this is the same $100 million yacht owned by her husband on which they married in 2009. In other news, I will be spending the rest of my day here.
- Here's an interesting feature on the history of the women's lib movement in Santa Cruz. Why is this relevant to us? The woman who led the way (and the one in the "meat dress" in the article's photo) is none other than 1974 SI Swimsuit model Ann Simonton. (Read more about Ann's transformation from cover model to activist in our 1989 Vault story here.)
- OMG you guyzz. Gigi Hadid was TOTES at the same event as ex-"bae" Cody Simpson. Can you say MAJOR DRAMZ?! Well don't, because they're still friends and it was a complete non-thing and I'm reporting on it because I have no shame.
- Check out Naomi Campbell's cover shoot and feature for The Edit, in which she confesses that she still, after 29 years, crosses herself to calm her nerves before stepping onto the catwalk.
SWIMSTAGRAM (FULL SIZE)
A video posted by Gigi Hadid (@gigihadid) on
TWEETS from our SWEETS
i've been petting an ugg boot with my foot for an hour thinking it was puddy— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) November 10, 2014