Daily Bagel: Did IMG management really dump Bernard Tomic?
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Photo: Here's a 130-mph fastball coming at you, served up by Milos Raonic at the Blue Jays-Red Sox game Tuesday.
• Bernard Tomic's father says IMG didn't drop Bernard; Bernard left IMG.
"Bernard left IMG -- IMG didn't sack, didn't dump Bernard. That is strongly 110 percent true story. If anybody from IMG come and say that they sack or dump Bernard, I will give million dollars. That is not true," Tomic senior told Fairfax Media from the U.S., ahead of next week's tournament in Washington D.C.
"One-and-a-half year we are looking to leave IMG ... but they look to us for $1.5 million to pay to them to let us go. They wanted damage compensation for what they will lose if they don't manage Bernard. But we didn't accept this offer.
"Obviously I use [the] opportunity now that Bernard had operation and dropped ranking, and I ask them and they give me free [release]. And I go. No one didn't dump Bernard, no-one didn't sack him. Bernard left IMG.
• No, Maria Kirilenko didn't dump Alexander Ovechkin because of an Instagram photo.
There are much more significant reasons. I will not go into any more details about them. But let's just say it is not a secret for anybody that Sasha has certain habits and particulars of behavior that I did not consider worth tolerating anymore.
• Is Rafael Nadal going back to the sleeveless look for the U.S. Open?
• Simon Cambers for The Tennis Space questions Gstaad's decision to give Viktor Troicki a main draw wildcard.
• Sandy Harwitt for TenniShorts on why there may be a lack of sympathy for Troicki upon his return.
• Is Nicole Vaidisova mounting a comeback? I doubt it, but here's a video of her on the tennis court.
• Non-tennis: Solid summer jam from Robyn and Röyskopp.