Daily Bagel: Djokovic, Wawrinka team up for doubles at Rogers Cup
The Daily Bagel is your dose of the interesting reporting, writing and quipping from around the Internet.
• Stan Wawrinka and Novak Djokovic pulled a late night to play their doubles match at the Rogers Cup in Toronto on Monday. The two Grand Slam champions, playing their second tournament together, defeated Juan Sebastian Cabal and David Marrero 6-3, 7-5.
• The women's side of the Rogers Cup was working with limited electricity on Tuesday after a power outage in Montreal. The player lounge was dark and the umpires were screaming scores. Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova offered up a zinger:
• The ATP canceled the inaugural tournament in Tel Aviv next month because of security concerns.
• The U.S. Open's free food truck is ignoring Queen's and heading to Manhattan only.
• Rock star Chrissie Hynde dishes on hanging out with John McEnroe back in the day.
• Vote for the WTA's July shot of the month. Some good ones.
• Andy Murray says he's finally able to train at 100 percent intensity.
• Djokovic bro'd out with One Direction the other night:
• Pretty cool: It was an all-female TV production crew last week in Stanford, Calif.
• Here is two-time Grand Slam champion and Citi Open winner Svetlana Kuznetosva making her way to Montreal:
• Non-tennis: Thoughts are with our friends at Sports on Earth during this massive restructuring.